My Sister is Bigger Than Me!!




Two years ago I started work on this lovely project, 'My Sister Is Bigger Than Me', 
a text written by Kate Maryon, and today is publication day!!

This is a little visual history of how this project evolved.....



Sketches using my girls, Lil and Sky as inspiration,



Story boarding,


more drawing and lots of workings out,


and drawing, and working out, drawing, drawing, swearing, drawing...


making colour separations and mixing colours,


screen printing all the colours and layers,





and finally finished screen printed art ready to send off to the magic book making fairy 
( Penguin Random House really )





to receiving a finished copy in the post!


It's soooo exciting to see your work as a finished book, 
I always can't quite believe it! and all the hard work and planning and preparing disappears in a big cloud of proudness, loveliness.



My Sister is Bigger than me is available at your local lovely book shop,
and on Amazon.
lucky me.









Comments

  1. Your illustrations are AMAZING!!!
    The book looks delightful!
    You are so incredibly talented. Indeed, lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to see the process behind the final illustrations. Wonderful work Lisa

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts